Brightcove & Piano
Create a Brightcove account
In order to use the Brightcove integration with Piano, you’ll need to register for a Brightcove Video Cloud account.
Upload video content to Brightcove
Log in to your Brightcove Video Cloud account, and under “Upload, organize and program content” click “Launch Media.” In the lower left corner, click “Add Videos” to upload your video content to the Brightcove Video Cloud.
Add domain restrictions to your video player
Once your video is uploaded, click the “Publishing” tab on the top of the page. From Publishing, select the video player that you want to use, and double-click on it to edit settings.
On the left side menu of the pop-up window, select the “Availability” tab. Add “https://play.tinypass.com” in the text field for “Domain Restrictions,” then click “Add” to populate the list. This domain restriction will prevent people from taking your paid content and showing it for free somewhere else. (If you are testing in Piano’ Sandbox environment, instead add “http://sandbox.tinypass.com” in the Domain Restrictions field.)
Find your API keys
After you’ve set up domain restrictions, click on the gear-icon in the top right corner of your dashboard, and then select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. In the left navigation bar, click “API Management” you’ll see Tokens for “read” and “write.” Keep this page open for reference – you’ll need to copy and paste these in the next step.
Connect your Brightcove account to your Piano account
Go to your Piano Dashboard, then click on “Manage” in the top menu bar, and from the drop-down menu select “Videos.” Under the Brightcove logo click on “Connect” and paste the “Write” and “Read” tokens from your Brightcove account settings. (NB: the order is “write,” then “read,” not vice versa.) Or simply navigate to the “Integrations” tab of your “Edit Business” section.
Once the Piano system has validated your API tokens, it will show a screen with all of the videos from your Brightcove account. Select any video you want to restrict and click “Next.”
Your Brightcove preview image will appear on the next screen. Crop the image to your liking, or upload another image to use instead. Select “Crop and continue” to proceed.
The next screen allows you to modify certain details about your video.
- Title: The title of your video. This will be pre-filled using the details in your Brightcove account.
- Description: A short description of your video. This will be pre-filled using the details in your Brightcove account.
- Resource ID: This is a unique code used to track and manage your resources. When users purchase access to your video, they are technically purchasing access to the resource with the code you specify in this field. Feel free to keep the resource ID as-is, or change it to any text you want. Note that you cannot have duplicate resource IDs in the same publisher account.
- Width & Height: This is pre-filled from your Brightcove account. You can always come back and edit this later.
- Price & Access: You may set the price and currency for your video, and the duration of the customer’s access to your video – days, weeks, months, years, or unlimited. A “minimum price” allows customers to contribute more than you are asking them to pay.
Once you’ve finished polishing these details, hit “Publish.” You should see a confirmation popup appear with an option to set up an “All Access” bundle for all of the videos in your Piano account. By setting up an “All Access” bundle, your users will have the option of purchasing access to every video in your account at once. The “All Access” bundle can be set up as a recurring subscription.
To set up your “All Access” bundle now, select “Setup” and follow the steps on that screen. If you’d prefer to set up your “All Access” bundle at a later time, select “Skip.” Your bundle will be in the “disabled” tab on your video manager page and can be enabled at any time.
Publish your video
Once you’ve finished setting up a video, you can click on the video tile in your main video manager page to edit the title, description, price, duration and cover image of the video. From here, you can also copy the HTML Embed Code to paste into your site or grab a standalone URL ready for testing. Once you’ve tested it out, please remove your account from trial mode by editing your “Business Profile” and then “Submit for review” before distributing the video for sale.